Can't register SQL Server with ArcGIS Server 10.2.2

Jump to solution
08-18-2014 05:33 PM
JeffJacobson
Occasional Contributor III

When I try to register a database by importing a .sde file through the server manager web application, I get the following (not at all helpful) error message:

[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object],[object Object]

Why is this the import failing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

Have you tried registering the database from ArcCatalog? Does it have the same issue?

** Please provide configuration details (example: ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.2, ArcGIS Server 10.2.2, SQL Server 2008 R2\Oracle 11.2.0.3, etc)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi
Jeff

Are
the server and desktop that created the sde file on the same machine?

If
the sde file include windows authentication you must make sure the user that
own ArcSOC.exe have database access.

You
might need to install the rdbms access files – you can download them from
My.Esri.com

Have
fun

Mody

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

Have you tried registering the database from ArcCatalog? Does it have the same issue?

** Please provide configuration details (example: ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.2, ArcGIS Server 10.2.2, SQL Server 2008 R2\Oracle 11.2.0.3, etc)

JeffJacobson
Occasional Contributor III

Asrujit SenGupta, it worked when I did it from ArcCatalog. Weird.

0 Kudos
DarylHochhalter
Occasional Contributor II

I am having the same issue as Jeff. I have an sde connection file that works fine in Catalog, but I can't use it to register the database with ArcGIS server 10.4, we are using SQL Server 2014, on Windows Server 2012 R2.

0 Kudos
MichelyTavares
New Contributor

My case I have a PostgreSQL database and try to register with ArcGIS Server database, he acknowledges, makes the connection , but the following error appears :. " The set of binding properties missing a required property or the property value was not recognized invalid database name " Can anyone help me ?
The database and arcgis desktop is on my machine and the arcgis server is on another machine.

Configuração:

Postgresql 9.3.10

Arcgis Server 10.3

Arcgis Desktop 10.3

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can also use same connection file in ArcGIS server manager to register database with ArcGIS server