AnsweredAssumed Answered

Clipping properties to Coastline... And the opposite

Question asked by evanmacdonald9 on Aug 19, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 20, 2014 by chloeas

Hi there,

 

I had great luck with my last inquiry using these forums so I figured I'd give it a shot again. I'm working with two layers, a coastline layer (polygon), and a property layer with many parcels which is also a polygon.

 

The coastline layer has a fairly accurate representation of the coast as it is now, but the property layer was drawn years ago and does not accurately reflect where the coastline is now. I want to use the coastline layer as the new coastline for the property. For 90% of the properties this is easy, as I can perform a simple clip and achieve my goal (As seen in the first attached image). But for the other 10% of properties which do not extend out past the coastline (as seen in the other attached image), this is not possible.

 

How can I get these properties to extend out to the accurate coastline, if this is possible at all?

 

Thank you

Attachments

Outcomes