Apply algorithm to schematic diagrams dispalyed on web

08-12-2010 02:51 AM
ashishtiwari
New Contributor
Hi All, Is it possible to apply schematic Layout algorithms to schematic diagrams displayed on web interactively.
Like can we provide a layout dropdown in a web application and the user can select a layout algorithm and click on a button to apply the algorithm as we have in desktop schematic editor toolbar.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III
The 'schematic editor' toolbar doesn't exist on server.  The schematic server extension provides the api though and the api does have all the algorithms.  So you could provide a dropdown list and let the user apply an algorithm, which behind the scenes would run the algo, save the diagram and the you refresh the display.
0 Kudos
ashishtiwari
New Contributor
Thanks rick.It would be helpful if you send me a code snippet if possible for populating a dropdown with algorithm and applying it on diagram or any help with the api's in this regard.Thanks in advance.My email id is ashishtwr123@gmail.com
0 Kudos
ashishtiwari
New Contributor
Hello  Rick.I have one query regarding schematic sample given with the adf as i am not able to run it due to some database issues. In the sample Geoschematic diagram type is based on basemap and pipeline feature dataset and in the geoprocessing model given to generate Geoschematic diagram make feature layer tool is used which has SchematicForServer.Dbo.joined_pipe as input.Kindly tell me how basemap and pipeline feature dataset are incorporated in SchematicForServer.Dbo.joined_pipe.
0 Kudos
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III
I don't remember what version you are on and the post doesn't mention it, so I can't really give you a proper code example without it.

Not sure I follow the sample question.  Joined_Pipe is the edge feature class that participates in the geometric network and is displayed in the 'Geographic' data frame along with other basemap layers.  When a user runs the model, they draw a polygon on the map.  From the polygon, we pick up the joined_pipe features.  Those are then used as the input for the schematic create diagram tool.  Does that answer the question?
0 Kudos
ashishtiwari
New Contributor
Hello Rick that answers my question.That means user is selecting features from only joined_pipe feature class.But i want to select features from more than one feature class.

Second thing is I applied schematic algorithm on diagram in my web application through api's after that when i am saving diagram from INGDiagram.Save() function i get an exception "Class is not Licensed".Does it means that every time when i perform this operation i need an Editor and schematic License.

And i need editor and schematic license for my Geoprocessing model to function as well.Am i correct?

I am using ArcGIS Server 9.3.1 and ArcEditor.
0 Kudos