Web appBuilder for ArcGIS Server

Jump to solution
08-14-2014 01:03 PM
AdminRFVL
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm experimenting with the Web appBuilder Beta2 and I was wondering if I could use data coming from our ArcGIS Server (MapServer) instead of ArcGIS Online. It seems like the appBuilder is only built to support ArcGIS Online Web maps but maybe i'm wrong.

Our goal is to skip arcgis online and load dynamic layers coming from our server.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Patrick Robinson

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdminRFVL
New Contributor III

Thanks Anthony,

We replaced the "itemID" for "OperationalLayers" and we were able to load data from our AGS.

Do you think there's a possibility to use a custom TOC instead of the WAB layers list ? We want to organize our layers using groups and subgroups.

TOC.PNG

We did it in a previous version using the cbtree library and a JSON config file. but maybe there's a better way.

Regards

Patrick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

Patrick

Have a look at Roberts post here:

Do you have to use AGOL to use WAB?

regards

Anthony

0 Kudos
AdminRFVL
New Contributor III

Thanks Anthony,

We replaced the "itemID" for "OperationalLayers" and we were able to load data from our AGS.

Do you think there's a possibility to use a custom TOC instead of the WAB layers list ? We want to organize our layers using groups and subgroups.

TOC.PNG

We did it in a previous version using the cbtree library and a JSON config file. but maybe there's a better way.

Regards

Patrick

0 Kudos
MathewSuran
New Contributor III

Patrick,

Have you found out the answer to your question yet about the cbtree?  I am currently looking into that and have only found examples using 3.3 API and another sample in php using 3.7.

Mat

0 Kudos
AdminRFVL
New Contributor III

Hi Mat,

I didn't. As of now, we decided to abandon the idea of using the WAB and went back to our custom Javascript app.

Hopefully the official release of the WAB will offer more flexibility.

regards,

0 Kudos