How to enable code assist for aptana studio 2.0 for javascript API?

08-13-2014 04:21 PM
SrinivasSanthanam
New Contributor

Hello all. I really need this help. I am new to javascript api and I am using aptana studio to develop some applications. I have gone through the instructions mentioned in the arcgis for javascript help page. I did not understand by the sentence where they have told to drag the code assist file into my project. do they mean to reference it in my js file or html file. I tried it but I am not able to get any code support, there is no change.

If some one could atleast send an screenshot of the reference path used in your code to enable the code assist /intellisense I would be be grateful since it is tedious to go back and forth from the application to the webpage to see the different methods available etc.....

I appreciate your help

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DonOpgenorth
Esri Contributor

I've moved your post into the  Arcgis API forJavascript space. You will get a much better answer here as the GeoNet Help is intended for community help and feedback. I have also added in a few additional tags. You can see more
on the community structure, and what topics are under each space from the following documents:

GeoNet Community Structure

ArcGIS Discussion Forums Migration Strategy

Thanks!

Don

0 Kudos
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

Keep in mind that many of the ESRI samples and most of what is posted on the forums are written in AMD style, which doesn't support the code assist functionality. 

0 Kudos
BruceRalston
New Contributor II

Will the code assist functionality return at some future release?

0 Kudos
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

If I remember correctly, the code assist  has more to do with the Aptana IDE and less of what is or isn't in the API.  If that's the case, this would be something you'd have to investigate through Aptana forums, if there are any.

0 Kudos