Print from ArcMap to HP Designjet t520

Jump to solution
08-09-2014 08:27 AM
SteveCline
Occasional Contributor

I am new to large scale printing from ArcGIS.  Our school recently purchases a 36 inch HP Designjet T520.  I have been able to print some jpg and pdf files successfully but have not had as much luck from ArcMap.  Specifically, I would like to print a map I have designed that is 36" x 72".  I have not been able to set up the correct orientation.  Any suggestions on what settings to use would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

I suggest that you check with your IT staff.  If your HP DesignJet T520 printer shows up as a printer option, but large format paper sizes do not, then it sounds like the printer driver was not installed correctly or completely.  That's all I can guess.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JoeFlannery

Steve:

Right-click anywhere in the white space of your layout and choose Page and Print Setup.  Find your printer in the top drop-down, choose a paper size and I usually check the Use Printer Paper Settings option.

Capture1.JPG

When you choose >File >Print, choose ArcPress Printer from the Printer Engine drop-down.  Then click on the Properties button next to ArcPress Printer.  ArcPress Printer engine will use your computer's RAM to rip the image and send it ripped to the printer  rather than using the printer's lame onboard processor and RAM.  It results in much faster print jobs.

Capture2.JPG

Put a check mark in the Save Paper option.  This will automatically rotate the print page to short edge first.

Capture3.JPG

SteveCline
Occasional Contributor

Joe -

It looks like I can do everything you are saying here except I cannot choose ANSI D from the paper size.  I assume that will matter.

Steve

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery

Do you have the HP DesignJet printer drivers installed on your ArcMap computer?

0 Kudos
SteveCline
Occasional Contributor

I think so.  I wouldn't be able to print anything from this computer without them, correct?  I have printed items like jpgs and pdfs from the Windows print functions on this computer.

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery

I suggest that you check with your IT staff.  If your HP DesignJet T520 printer shows up as a printer option, but large format paper sizes do not, then it sounds like the printer driver was not installed correctly or completely.  That's all I can guess.

SteveCline
Occasional Contributor

I will try that.  Thanks for the suggestions.

0 Kudos