AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to keep ID value from original polyline

Question asked by Playa on Aug 9, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 11, 2014 by jskinner-esristaff

I've created the following python script that extracts the position along a polyline based on a user defined interval. The chainage is determined for each point (i.e. first point = 0 ; second point =50m ; 100m ; 150m ; .... last point = 452m) The problem that I have is that it works great for a single polyline but as soon as you have more than one polyline there is no way of knowing the ID (Cross Section ID) that the points were derived from. I'm using the ArcPy Data Access SearchCursor to find the positions along the line based on the user defined interval and then the list of points are used to create a point feature class with the chainage added as a new field. I was orignally helped by someone else with adding the chainge (distance) values to the pts list using the python zip function.

I need assistance extracting the ID field from the polyline and adding the ID value to a new field within the points feature class that is being created. Any help would be appreciated.

I've attached my python script as you can't paste within GeoNET . The old user forum was so much better.

Regards

Peter Wilson

Attachments

Outcomes