Map Journal: Main Stage Map Configuration Not Responding

08-06-2014 10:00 AM
DanielBrown
New Contributor II

I have been building a Map Journal for the past few days, adding a section everyday, as events occur. I use the Location Custom configuration so that I can place the webmap extent to the exact location of the main stage entry.  Basically, moving the webmap location around for each section entry.  During this process, I had to save my webmap with new information, and afterwords, my webmap and its extent relationship to my content has not been linked.

For instance, today I added a section, put content in the side stage, and assigned the main stage a location custom configuration to a new extent in my webmap.  I save the journal, it should all work great... however, looking at the live journal... the map doesn't change extent.  It is stuck at the previous extent.  I have tried to save a few times.  Continuing my troubleshooting, I have added another webmap and that one will make extent changes.  But the original webmap continues to ignore my extent instructions.

The only item I can think of, is that by saving the webmap, it has caused an issue within my Map Journal and its ability to properly change extents.  I am letting the storymap team know about this potential bug.

dan.

http://bit.ly/1rwAizj

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Dan,

Sorry for inconvenience. I have tried to reproduce the issue without success.

It doesn't seems specific to your app/webmap or the workflow you are using. Editing the webmap should never prevent you to configure the extent for a specific section in Map Journal.

It's the first time I hear about that kind of issue. I will keep my eyes open, thanks for reporting

0 Kudos