Information lookup web app from AGOL

Jump to solution
08-07-2014 05:48 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

I have created a web app using the Information look up web app from AGOL. The map consistent of buffers around our water lines in their respected water service area. I want to use this app for the public to look up their address and see what service area they are in along with a pop-up with other information regarding their water source, how it is treated ect. However the search bar does not seem to want to work. when I type an address in it doesn't zoom. It just sits there. is this a known bug? Just wondering if anybody else experienced this. Or do I not have something configured right. I like this app and want to use it but if the search bar doesn't work going to have to find a different app. Any help would be great. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Blake,

You need to define the lookup layers when you config the app.  I will add an enhancement to trap the issue when no lookup layers are defined. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ErikBlake

Just to add to my question. When I perform a search in the web map that my application is based off it works fine.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Erik,

Could you share your URL?  I would like to see what is going on.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ErikBlake

Sorry I added it like three times. Don't know what I am doing on here yet.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Blake,

You need to define the lookup layers when you config the app.  I will add an enhancement to trap the issue when no lookup layers are defined. 

0 Kudos
ErikBlake

So do I just add one or all my service areas in the look up. or do I need to add a parcels layer with addresses

0 Kudos
ErikBlake

Never mind Mike I figured it out. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos