Layer Turned Off But Pop Up is Showing AGOL

08-06-2014 07:59 AM
LisCollins
Occasional Contributor

I'm having an issue with my popup in my map made using ArcGIS online.

One of my group layers contain 4 layers. When I turn all of the layers in this group layer off, the second layer's popup still displays when I click on the map. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Also, for some reason, when I have all the layers in this group layer turned on, the second layer's pop up (polygon feature) shows before the 1st layer's popup (a point layer). How do I get the first layer's pop-up to show up first before the second layers? I thought the order the layers were displayed in impacted the order the pop ups are showed in.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

What is the data source of the layer in question? An ArcGIS Server Map Service? If so what version of ArcGIS Server? There were some issues with older versions of server that the query was returning features when the layer was not visible.

Can you share the URL to your map publicly?

With respect to popup order, there is no order. The popup is populated as responses come back from layers that reference services. There's no guarantee of order.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
LisCollins
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mike.

Thanks for your response.

The data source of both layers: They were both saved in the same mxd in ArcMap 10.2.1. The layers were saved in the order I want them to display. Then I published the mxd as a dynamic web service.

Versions: The ArcGIS Rest Services Directory link for these layers says that the current version is 10.11. ArcGIS Server Manager 10.1.1. I hope this is enough information.

I'm not sure if this helps, but I just discovered another issue. The first layer is a point shape and the second layer is a polygon shape. For some reason while using the web map, when the first and second layer overlap, and the user clicks one of the points first, the polygon feature is highlighted first (although the point feature is on top of it); therefore, its popup is showing up first.

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Your server version is fine.  Can you share your map? Or alternatively the URL to your arcgis server map service? We would need to reproduce the problem.

As far as popup ordering, there is no control of ordering. The order in the TOC has no impact.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos