Consolidation of Water Resource GeoNet Places

08-06-2014 07:16 AM
Labels (1)
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Christine Dartiguenave‌, M. Taner Aktas

Well, congratulations. As the RUSH subsides you two have now split the GeoNet Water Resources community by staking claim to two GeoNet groups. The Arc Hydro‌ and the GIS for Water Resources‌ social groups are duplicate GeoNet Places diluting the Hydro community--we need to figure an amicable way to bring the two groups together in the interest of broader community and focused efforts in surface and sub-surface hydrology and water quality.

And, just as a reminder, all content from the old vBulletin forums (2010 - 2014) was migrated to these GeoNet Sub-Spaces

Arc Hydro

Hydro

Similarly, the Water Utilities has been split with ArcGIS for Water Utilities‌ (Howard Crothers‌) and Water Utilities‌ (william carr‌) with the Utilities and Communications‌  Space (holding the old forum Water Utilities content in a Water/Wastewater "category")

Stuart

cc GeoNet moderators:

Jim Barry

Timothy Hales

11 Replies
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks Stuart for bringing this to everyone attention. Although everyone is open to create their own groups, we must work together as a community to consolidate our efforts. We don't want to create ghost towns that may cause confusion for where the discussions are happening around a topic. Please let me know how I can help bring this community together.

Timothy

williamcarr
Occasional Contributor II

Apologize for dubbling up, I didn't see ArcGIS group when I started it. I'll put a big message up on the group, wait a few days and then end the group.(if I can?)

0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

william carr

No apology needed!   Especially as both Places were even created on the same day.

If ready to transfer community over to the ArcGIS for Water Utilities, it looks like most members of Water Utilities are already members there. Just collin degueurce‌, Daniel Siegel‌, and Jake Matthys‌ would need to join ArcGIS for Water Utilities‌ if so inclined.

Timothy Hales‌, is there any special action needed by an owner like William to close out a Social Group, for example to migrate any content?

Stuart

0 Kudos
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

You can delete a group by going to Manage > Delete from the group navigation bar. Confirm that you want it deleted. The group and content will be removed. If you want to keep some content, you will have to move them individually before deleting the group.

0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Timmothy,

Sorry, just saw your answer as I was amending mine. Migration of content to a non-open group/space would first require the owner to become a member at the new place.  Any chance of a Jive solution for bulk movements?

Stuart

0 Kudos
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

My main issue right now is that I not have "extra" permissions on the Hydro/Arc Hydro subspace whereas I have full permissions on my group and I can tag my feature contents.

Christine

0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Christine,

I believe Timothy Hales and Jim Barry were going to get that taken care of for you and add you to the owners group for the Hydro‌ and Arc Hydro spaces‌.   Guys?

Stuart

0 Kudos
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

Christine Dartiguenave has been set as moderator over these spaces.

0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Thanks Timothy!

Christine Dartiguenave‌ let folks know if you do not have all the functions you need to keep the Hydro and ArcHydro spaces and content viable for users.

Stuart

0 Kudos