Explorer App not being consistent

Jump to solution
08-04-2014 11:38 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

Has anybody else experienced issues with the explorer where it just sits there and says signing in and doesn't go anywhere else. Basically it freezes up. Last time we had this issue I just deleted the app downloaded it again and it worked fine for about a week or two now it is acting up again. Frustrating because I am trying to get my field guys to use this but it keeps getting really buggy. Just wanting to know if it's just us.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

Erik,

This is a bug with the token which was originally used to authenticate your user during login. This token is expiring and the app is not prompting you to re-enter your credentials to fetch a new token. We have an update for this which is in the process of getting approved in the Apple App Store but until that update is available you will need to uninstall Explorer and reinstall from the app store. This should only take 2 or 3 minutes.

Hope this helps,

-Brent

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

Erik,

This is a bug with the token which was originally used to authenticate your user during login. This token is expiring and the app is not prompting you to re-enter your credentials to fetch a new token. We have an update for this which is in the process of getting approved in the Apple App Store but until that update is available you will need to uninstall Explorer and reinstall from the app store. This should only take 2 or 3 minutes.

Hope this helps,

-Brent

0 Kudos
ErikBlake

Brent

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

You're welcome, I will update this thread once the update is live in the OS X and iOS app stores.

ErikBlake

Brent

I noticed that explorer has a new version. Is this the update that fixes the token issue?

0 Kudos
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

Erik,

We did indeed address this in our latest release. I tried to update all forums on this but missed this one. Thanks for keeping me honest :-).

The latest versions of Explorer in the OS X and iOS app stores will not have this issue. More specifically here are the version numbers with the fix.

iOS: 10.2.5

OSX: 10.2.3

Hope this helps,

-Brent