Flow Direction Error 010067: Error in executing grid expression

08-01-2014 01:14 PM
JessiecarEsguerra
New Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

Any input or suggestion on how to fix Error 010067: Error in executing grid expression when creating flow direction?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
15 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

To get back to your original thread did you run it on a Filled DEM or one where the sinks were not filled?

0 Kudos
JessiecarEsguerra
New Contributor III

I've run it on a filled DEM.

0 Kudos
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

What is the name and file type of the raster you are using?

0 Kudos
JessiecarEsguerra
New Contributor III

The name is "FL" and file type is ".DDF"

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Try an Esri grid file as input and output

0 Kudos
JessiecarEsguerra
New Contributor III

How should I convert or create my DEM file to become an Esri grid file?

0 Kudos
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

You can use the Raster to Other Format tool to convert it to a GRID

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

This error confuses me since it suggests that you are using map algebra to calculate flowdirection rather than the flowdirection tool in Arctoolbox (or there is and error in there).  Can you confirm you methodology, since there are absolutely no error messages associated with flowdirection.  Which options are you using if you are using the tool?  And what happens if you change some of them?

010067 : Error in executing grid expression.

Desktop » Geoprocessing » Tool errors and warnings » Tool errors 10001 - 20000

Description

There was a problem executing the map algebra expression.

Solution

Check the syntax of the function and ensure that you are correctly specifying all the required and any optional parameters. Be sure to check that the data type is correct. For example, specifying a character string in the command when a numerical value is expected may cause this error.

0 Kudos
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

I've always found Flow Direction to be a bit of a finnicky tool, sometimes it outputs the flow direction raster just fine with the correct values, others it makes w/b range symbology with values 0 - 230.  Happened once during an exam, I was the only one who got the tool to have the right output, everyone else got the w/b symbology.  I even re-did my exam after the fact, during the exam period and got the same w/b symbology as everyone else.  Professor couldn't figure it out either, so he had to scratch that part of the exam.