AnsweredAssumed Answered

Summerize attribute fields in new row, then add as new field to another shapefile

Question asked by gilmancr on Jul 31, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 1, 2014 by Dan_Patterson

I am interested to know if someone could help me figure out this problem for a class project.

I have done some analysis:

I would like to insert a new row that has the sum of each attribute field. I have tried using summary statistics tool but only get an error in the statistics field(s) parameter. I would also need to automate this process because in some cases there are 50 parks in the layer. 

Park 1_ sales     Park 1 _prob     Park 2_sales     Park 2_ prob     (made up numbers to show layout)

3                                   .2                    6                    .9

5                                   .6                    9                    .6

New row: Sum=  8                                   .8                    15                   1.5

Then,  I have the park layer. I would like to create two new fields and populated them with the summary row information

sales     prob

Park 1          8          .8

Park 2        15          1.5

Please let me know if you have any advice or if I need to be clearer.

Outcomes