attachments and replications

Jump to solution
07-30-2014 08:17 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

If I enable attachments on a layer in my default sde gdb. will these attachments sync over to my other gdb that has my replication. or do I need to enable attachments on both gdb. and maintain both separately. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussellBrennan
Esri Contributor

Erik,

If you enable attachments prior to creating the replica the attachments will sync up when you perform your synchronization.

If you enable attachments after the replica is created the best option is likely to unregister your replica and then register using the 'register existing data only' option.

The register existing option would look something like this:

a) Copy delete the feature class on the relative replica and copy the class (with attachments) to the relative replica. Ensure you have globalIDs before copying).

b) Sync the existing replica to make sure each side has all pending changes.

c) Create a new replica that includes the changed class with attachments enabled using the “Register Existing data only” option. This will take only a few seconds to complete as the data already exists on both sides.

d) Assuming no additional edits had been done b/w steps b & c, unregister the old replica.  (if edits had been done, just make sure to sync the old replica before unregistering)

e) Now move forward with the new replica.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RussellBrennan
Esri Contributor

Erik,

If you enable attachments prior to creating the replica the attachments will sync up when you perform your synchronization.

If you enable attachments after the replica is created the best option is likely to unregister your replica and then register using the 'register existing data only' option.

The register existing option would look something like this:

a) Copy delete the feature class on the relative replica and copy the class (with attachments) to the relative replica. Ensure you have globalIDs before copying).

b) Sync the existing replica to make sure each side has all pending changes.

c) Create a new replica that includes the changed class with attachments enabled using the “Register Existing data only” option. This will take only a few seconds to complete as the data already exists on both sides.

d) Assuming no additional edits had been done b/w steps b & c, unregister the old replica.  (if edits had been done, just make sure to sync the old replica before unregistering)

e) Now move forward with the new replica.

0 Kudos
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

Cool. Thanks Russell much appreciated