esriFieldTypeDouble Max Value in SDE?

08-10-2010 12:09 PM
RobertTrevino
New Contributor
Greetings,
I am converting an In-Memory feature class to SDE, but am having an issue.
If I have a column defined as esriFieldTypeDouble, and the value in that column is 1.000000e+037, then saving to an oracle SDE instance fails when attempting a
featureDataConverter.ConvertFeatureClass(inFCName, null, null, outFCName, targetGeometryDef, pFixedFlds, null, 100, 0);
The error I get is:
DBMS table not found[ORA-00942: table or view does not exist][SDEServer.fclassname][STATE_ID = 167]

This seems to only happen when the values in the double column are large, as above.  If I edit the value in that column to be a number such as 123.45, it saves without issue.
Is there something special I need to be doing when defining the column?  I've tried setting the precision and scale for the esriFieldTypeDouble column to many different combinations, but nothing seems to work.

Thanks for any help!
-Robert
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertTrevino
New Contributor
No one's ever dealt with saving large numbers to SDE and run across this problem?
0 Kudos
vincentLahaye
New Contributor II
Hi,

seems Esri featureclass field can get only 17 digits.  I already post a similiar question to esri support, and limitation is 17 digit. 

here my old thread

http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=93&f=2370&t=302174&mc=1

The task is NIM032501 but i dont know where to find the definition of this case. This request status is "deffered�??"

Hope it can help you.

Vincent
0 Kudos
RobertTrevino
New Contributor
Thanks for the information, Vincent.  Not what I was hoping for, but I appreciate your posting the link.
0 Kudos