Edit then hide a field in AGOL

07-28-2014 01:32 PM
MaraKaminowitz
Occasional Contributor

I have an AGOL map with an editable map layer (point) that connects to our SDE and is published through ArcGIS Server.  The map will be part of an outreach project where we solicit comments from the public.  I would like to be able to have the person inputting the data to enter their name and e-mail, but not have that information show when other people click on the point.  Is this possible, either in AGOL or using the FindEditFilter map template?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Mara,

this is possible. In the ArcGIS Online map viewer you can configure the attributes Under the layer properties. You simply select the visibility option for viewing and editing. In the map parameters it might be also useful have only the creator edit their own data. That way no one other that the person who created that point can edit it.

cheers

Gordon

0 Kudos
MaraKaminowitz
Occasional Contributor

I have found that you can display a field but restrict editing, but not open a field for editing when a user first adds a point, and then restrict it for later users.  Right now the parameters allow anyone to add a point, but no one can edit points once they are added.

0 Kudos
MichaelNesius
Occasional Contributor

I have a similar situation.

I can configure the normal map viewer popup the way I want it, and the editor pop up that comes up while creating features too...but when the user just selects the feature while the edit sidebar is active they can see the attributes that I don't want them to see.

Any suggestions? We want to collect user contact info but not let it be visible.

0 Kudos