"Invalid Pointer" Script Errors

Jump to solution
07-25-2014 01:24 PM
PaulRindfleisch
New Contributor

Hello all.  I have been getting the following script errors (see below) in both ArcMap and ArcCatalog (10.2.1) when I right-click on a tool in the toolbox in order to run a batch command.  Doesn't matter if I click yes or no, what I am left with is an empty tool dialog box.  Essentially, I am unable to run the batch command at all on my computer, which is extremely annoying, not to mention a huge time sink.  I am not saavy enough to know how to do it in Python or with scripts.  This is a really annoying problem that I have spent a considerable amount of time researching and pursued numerous fixes to get this to go away, all to no avail.  Hopefully someone out there has had this problem and figured it out.  None of the tech articles on the support page address this problem, or if they do, the fix doesn't work.

Script Error.jpg

Thanks in advance to whoever has the answer!

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulRindfleisch
New Contributor

To whom it may concern, I have solved this problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the ArcGIS for Desktop on my computer.  Thank you all for your responses

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

V Stuart Foote‌ you usually know a good bit about this kind of stuff, got any advice?

0 Kudos
RockRunEnterprises
Occasional Contributor

This is the same problem I am having. It used to function normally but changed one day. I don't know what could have triggered it.

0 Kudos
PaulRindfleisch
New Contributor

To whom it may concern, I have solved this problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the ArcGIS for Desktop on my computer.  Thank you all for your responses