State Loop Symbol for Highways in a Map

Jump to solution
07-25-2014 09:13 AM
MichelleCouden
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know where I can get a state loop symbol to use on my maps. Our font library here at work that we use is corrupt and cant be fixed. Thanks for the help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichelleCouden
Occasional Contributor

Thanks! Looks like our font library has always had the wrong symbol. I really appreciate all your help. Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michele,

Can you give more details? What state? Are you talking about something like these?

0 Kudos
MichelleCouden
Occasional Contributor

No. It would be a state loop shield for a highway. I'm in Texas. The shield looks like a rectangle with the ends that come to a point. I don't really have a picture to attach. Is there maybe a whole library of highway shields, from ESRI or the internet. I haven't been able to find one.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michelle,

The MUTCD (Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices) is the authoritative source for signs.

Not being from Texas I am not familiar with the shield you are looking for does the below site help?

Texas State Highway Loop 360 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ArcMap has Character Marker Symbol > ESRI US MUTCD 1, ESRI US MUTCD 2, ESRI US MUTCD 3. I would search through those.

0 Kudos
MichelleCouden
Occasional Contributor

Thanks! Looks like our font library has always had the wrong symbol. I really appreciate all your help. Thank you!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michelle,

Glad I could help. If you don't mind you can mark my reply as helpful by clicking on the Actions Menu link on my reply and choosing "Mark as Helpful"

Helpful.jpg