KMZ/KML IMPORT TO CITY ENGINE....??????

07-23-2014 08:00 AM
colino_brien
New Contributor III

this may sound like a stupid question....but i have dragged and dropped kmz lidar files i made on transmission lines, but they dont show up on the viewport...i would guess that its because the coordinate system on the kmz is having them go to another location...but how do i get to those locations?

is there a "zoom to item" available in cityengine? 

the only data i have been able to import and see so far has been transmission conductor sag points as a shapefile...

anyone having this issue????

HELP!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Colin,

Rather than in your personal place, suggest you move this discussion to 3D‌ (All Places -> GIS -> 3D -> discussions and also apply tags of "3d" and "cityengine". That should put it in view of folks who can help.

Stuart

0 Kudos
colino_brien
New Contributor III

shoot i thought i did that.

thanks stuart!

0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Nah, it is a common mistake with this new Jive based forum, you need to be in the Place where you want the discussion to be created, 3D‌ in this case.  Fortunately, with GeoNet, moving a discussion you've created is much easier to accomplish.

Hope you get the answer you need. You might poke the folks in the CityEngine‌ group

Stuart

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Colin,

At this point in time, KML/Z import into CityEngine is only able to use KML to reference DAE models (Collada). KML Lines/points/and any other features are not handled (yet). Matthias Buehler‌, can you verify?

0 Kudos