AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems with the ESRI OpenSearch end point example for GeoPortal

Question asked by Luke-Lambert on Jul 22, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 24, 2014 by Luke-Lambert

I'm attempting to follow the ESRI example (found here) of adding an OpenSearch end point to GeoPortal.  I believe I've followed all of the steps faithfully, but when I use GeoPortal to search only the new NSIDC source I get the message:

Unable to load /geoportal/rest/find/document?rid=nsidc&ridName=National%20Snow%20and%20Ice%20Data%20Center&rids=nsidc&searchText=water&start=1&max=10&maxSearchTimeMilliSec=10000&f=searchpageresults&dojo.preventCache=1406049254363 status:500/geoportal/rest/find/document?rid=nsidc&ridName=National%20Snow%20and%20Ice%20Data%20Center&rids=nsidc&searchText=water&start=1&max=10&maxSearchTimeMilliSec=10000&f=searchpageresults

Clicking on the link I get the same error from Tomcat:

HTTP Status 500 - Error while getting items from repository with id of nsidcCould not get record from db with rid = nsidc

type: Status report

message: Error while getting items from repository with id of nsidcCould not get record from db with rid = nsidc

description: The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

Apache Tomcat/6.0.41

Watching the the gpt log, I see the following stack trace when I search for "water"

Jul 22, 2014 1:17:07 PM com.esri.gpt.catalog.search.SearchFilterKeyword setSearchText

FINE: search text value posted

Jul 22, 2014 1:17:07 PM com.esri.gpt.catalog.search.SearchFilterKeyword setSearchText

FINE: search text value posted water

Jul 22, 2014 1:17:07 PM com.esri.gpt.catalog.search.GptRepository readHarvestRecords

INFO: DB Query SELECT PROTOCOL_TYPE, HOST_URL, PROTOCOL, TITLE, DOCUUID, ID FROM GPT_RESOURCE WHERE UPPER(TITLE)= ? AND ((APPROVALSTATUS = 'approved') OR (APPROVALSTATUS = 'reviewed')) AND SEARCHABLE = 'true'

Jul 22, 2014 1:17:07 PM com.esri.gpt.framework.sql.DatabaseReference openConnection

FINE: Connection opened for gpt, jndiName: jdbc/gpt, productName: PostgreSQL, driver: PostgreSQL Native Driver PostgreSQL 9.1 JDBC4 (build 901)

Jul 22, 2014 1:17:07 PM com.esri.gpt.control.georss.RestQueryServlet execute

SEVERE: Error executing query.

com.esri.gpt.catalog.search.SearchException: Error while getting items from repository  with id of nsidcCould not get record from db with rid = nsidc

at com.esri.gpt.catalog.search.SearchEngineExternalCsw.init(Unknown Source)

at com.esri.gpt.catalog.search.SearchEngineExternalCsw.init(Unknown Source)

at com.esri.gpt.catalog.search.SearchEngineFactory.intializeEngine(Unknown Source)

at com.esri.gpt.catalog.search.SearchEngineFactory.createSearchEngine(Unknown Source)

at com.esri.gpt.catalog.search.SearchEngineFactory.createSearchEngine(Unknown Source)

at com.esri.gpt.control.georss.RestQueryServlet.executeQuery1(Unknown Source)

at com.esri.gpt.control.georss.RestQueryServlet.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.esri.gpt.framework.context.BaseServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)

at com.esri.gpt.framework.context.BaseServlet.doGet(Unknown Source)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:723)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:861)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:606)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:701)

Caused by: com.esri.gpt.catalog.search.SearchException: Could not get record from db with rid = nsidc

at com.esri.gpt.catalog.search.GptRepository.readHarvestRecord(Unknown Source)

... 23 more

Jul 22, 2014 1:17:07 PM com.esri.gpt.framework.sql.DatabaseReference closeConnection

FINE: Closing connection for gpt, jndiName: jdbc/gpt

There are no other errors reported by either GPT or Tomcat.  Any help would be appreciated.

Outcomes