Unable to import these polygons to SDE on Oracle

Jump to solution
07-21-2014 09:16 AM
FilipKrál
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I am having hard time importing the three attached polygons to Oracle SDE with SDO_GEOMETRY data type (configuration keyword).

No matter what I try, ArcMap crashes with a Windows massage "ArcMap has stopped working" and I have to "close the program".

Import as SDEBINARY works. We have been using SDO_GEOMETRY for everything else and I imported similar polygons as SDO_GEOMETRY successfully before using the Feature Class to Feature Class tool and Copy Features Tool too.

It seems the crash occurs because of the large parts in the polygons, but the largest part has some 11000 vertices, which should be way below the limit.

I would very much appreciate if someone with SDE (ideally on Oracle) tried to import them and let me know if it works. Any ideas what might be wrong with the polygons?

Using Check Geometry and Repair Geometry made no difference.

I am using ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1 and Oracle 11g with SDE 10.0.

Regards,

Filip

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FilipKrál

Aha!

It seems the problems occurred due to incompatibility between ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1 SP1 and ArcSDE 10.0.

I successfully imported the polygons with ArcMap 10.0 and ArcSDE 10.0

Again, many thanks for looking into this, it is much appreciated.

Filip.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

I can import the attached shapefile w/o any issues with the below configuration:

Desktop 10.1 SP1 QIP

SDE 10.1 gdb

Oracle 11.2.0.1

JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Filip,

I was able to successfully import the feature classes as well using:

ArcGIS 10.2.2

ArcSDE 10.2.2

Oracle 11.2.0.3 - 64 bit

I exported out the feature class as an SDE export (version 10.0) if you want to try to import the features using command line.  Ex:

sdeimport -o create -l testing_polygons,shape -f c:\temp\polygon_exp -i sde:oracle11g:orcl -u gis -p gis -k SDO_GEOMETRY

FilipKrál

Thank you both for checking.

I still have the same problem but at least thanks to you I know the problems is not in the feature class.

I'll post a solution back here if I ever figure out what the problem was.

Filip.

0 Kudos
FilipKrál

Aha!

It seems the problems occurred due to incompatibility between ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1 SP1 and ArcSDE 10.0.

I successfully imported the polygons with ArcMap 10.0 and ArcSDE 10.0

Again, many thanks for looking into this, it is much appreciated.

Filip.