How to get School District depicted on the map as a sublayer?

Jump to solution
07-16-2014 11:39 AM
BlakeDavis1
New Contributor

When I add Denton County School District as a sublayer to my map, nothing shows up on the map.  Anybody have an idea how to get the school districts depicted on the map?  It does show up as a layer and is checked, but nothing has changed.  I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Could it maybe be covered by another layer? Did you pull it to the top of your Table of content?

Could it be in a different projection as your other layers? Right click the layer in your table of content and click "Zoom to Layer", do you see it then?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Could it maybe be covered by another layer? Did you pull it to the top of your Table of content?

Could it be in a different projection as your other layers? Right click the layer in your table of content and click "Zoom to Layer", do you see it then?

NeillJobe
Occasional Contributor II

Right Click on the added layer and click "Zoom To Feature". Does it take you to some far away place where no other data exists? If so, the data needs a coordinate system or georeferenced all together. Let me know.

0 Kudos
NeillJobe
Occasional Contributor II

Sorry, click "Zoom to Layer".. Tim is correct.

0 Kudos
JohnFell
Occasional Contributor III

Blake,

Do you have other layer's in the same data frame that have a different projection? It may be that your school district layer is projected differently. The layer may be in the table of contents and checked but you can't see it in the data frame because the coordinate system may be off from what you already have specified based on the initial data layer. ArcMap performs an ad-hoc projection of the data frame based on the projection of the first data layer that you add in the table of contents.

0 Kudos