Feature Popup - Wrong Address

Jump to solution
07-16-2014 08:19 AM
BradBolton
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am using an iPad with the Explorer app and have a question about the initial popup that displays some feature information, but then displays a line with address, city, state underneath. (see attached image) Where is that address information being pulled from? It is not correct and I do not want it to display in the popup. The people using this will be very confused. Is there a way to change it so it doesn't display the wrong address information? or display feature attribute information I want it to?

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Brad,

As an Admin of your organization you can choose the geocoding service that your organization uses.  You could set the organization up to use your geocoding service.

Configure utility services—Help | ArcGIS

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

I will see what I can find out.  There doesn't seem to be any easily identifiable map or organization settings that control this behavior.

0 Kudos
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

Brad,

This is using the geocoding service your organization is configured to use. By default it is the ArcGIS Online Geocoding Service.

I could see how this might be a capability you would want to suppress for your end users and this is something we could consider in future release but currently there is no way to suppress the address being returned for feature callouts.

-Brent

BradBolton
New Contributor III

Thanks for the follow up. Do you know if there is a way to change the Geocoding Service to a custom one that uses my data?

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Brad,

As an Admin of your organization you can choose the geocoding service that your organization uses.  You could set the organization up to use your geocoding service.

Configure utility services—Help | ArcGIS

Mark

0 Kudos
BradBolton
New Contributor III

Thanks Mark

0 Kudos