Geodatabase Replication Security

Jump to solution
07-16-2014 10:55 AM
BrynneFarrell1
New Contributor II

I'm working on a project that requires data be transferred securely between two server. In order to accomplish this, I plan to use geodatabase replication.

However, I cannot find any documentation about the security of geodatabase replication. I've found some articles about the security of geodatabases, but nothing about replication specifically.

I'm interested specifically in how the data is encrypted when sent across the internet.

Are there any resources I can look at in order to learn more?

Message was edited by: Brian Farrell (clarified type of security concerns)

Message was edited by: Brian Farrell (added recommended tags)

Message was edited by: Brian Farrell (clarified security concern further)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomEarp
New Contributor III
7 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

I think it would help if you specify, what kind of securities you are looking for..

BrynneFarrell1
New Contributor II

Updated question to specify my security concern.

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

Can you please add the below tags for your question, should attract a wider audience:

enterprise geodatabase‌enterprise gis sde‌arcsde enterprise geodatabases‌sde

TomEarp
New Contributor III
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

Thats more of ArcGIS Server security configurations.....

@Brian -- I am not sure if you there is any documentation as such specifically for the geodatabase replication process. The level of data encryption applicable to an sde geodatabase, should apply for the replication process too. Other than that, it would be how you setup the Logins and permissions on the Child gdb.

However you can wait and see if anyone else has any other important pointers for you.

TomEarp
New Contributor III

I assumed Brian would be attempting to create replicas between remote servers that would require a geodata service which would could then be encrypted with SSL.

BrynneFarrell1
New Contributor II

That's correct. I have a client connecting to a remote server.

My concern was with how the data is encrypted when sent across the internet.

I think the knowledge I was missing is that when replicating remote databases, ArcMap uses a geodata service, which follow's the server's encryption protocols.

0 Kudos