Launching ArcGIS Pro doesn't recognize my user account

07-16-2014 04:30 AM
DavidGilbert
New Contributor

I have an active ArcGIS Online account but when I launch ArcGIS Pro it says it was unable to successfully sign me in.   Anyone else having this issue?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

David,

I am not yet up to speed on how the licensing will need to be handled, but I know that there will be "linkage" to the version of ArcGIS for Desktop that is authorized (either as Single Use or available from a Concurrent pool).

I've had no issues with using ArcGIS Pro beta, but then my ArcGIS.com account is linked to my Organizational account as well as my "My Esri" (Customer Care Portal replacement) account and I'm running on a system with ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2.2 Advanced installed, with an ARCGIS_LICENSE_FILE value set pointing to a concurrent pool.

Might suggest though that to structure this discussion you add a tag "licensing" and use the Move button from the Actions column to the right and move this to the GIS Space. And please let us know how this plays out for you.

Stuart

cc:

Larry Young

Robert LeClair

0 Kudos
DavidGilbert
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply:   I am also running ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2.1 Advanced installed, with an ARCGIS_LICENSE_FILE value set pointing to a concurrent pool.  I am using Cisco AnyConnect with desktop, 3D and data reviewer borrowed

0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

David,

OK, so probably not related to the license for Desktop being available. Maybe it is an ArcGIS.com account SSO issue. Lets see if Larry or one of the other ArcGIS Pro devs will respond.

Stuart

0 Kudos
DavidGilbert
New Contributor

Update:  while it did not work from my hotel I tried again at the Esri IUC and it launched.  Problem solved. 

0 Kudos
KurtBaron
New Contributor

I'm having the same problem since the UC2014, yet I still get emails thanking me for my participation in the beta program.  Am I in the program or out of the program?

0 Kudos