AnsweredAssumed Answered

Spatial ETL Tools won't run "AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute, etc."

Question asked by chrisrado on Jul 15, 2014
Latest reply on May 18, 2017 by phcaptjim

I have a python script that runs 5 Spatial ETL tools that I wish to run as a scheduled task.

Each of the tools will run successfully from ArcCatalog and also from the ArcCatalog Command line.

If I try to run the tools from the DOS window, as would be done via python script for a scheduled task, arcpy cannot find the tools, although it does load the toolbox.

In the attached screenshot: 1) I open a cmd.exe window; 2) start python; 3) import arcpy; 4) Import my toolbox, which is verified as loaded on the next line; 5) Use arcpy.ListTools to see what tools are loaded. the result is "[]", meaning no tools are recognized from this tool box; 6) I use the same ListTools to show the Spatial Analyst tools that were loaded by import arcpy; 7) I attempt to execute one of the tools from my toolbox and forget a " (my mistake!); 8) I attempt to execute one of the tools from my toolbox and receive the message "AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'CopyFeatureClass_newgpetl'".

What is preventing my tools from being recognized from the DOS CMD.EXE window while ArcCatalog and ArcCatalog Command Line can run them?

ToolsNotLoaded.PNG

Outcomes