Statewide GIS Consolidation

Jump to solution
07-15-2014 01:13 PM
Labels (1)
RizwanAhmed
New Contributor

State of Louisiana has consolidated all IT functions and now looking for best way to look at statewide GIS consolidation. I would like to know if any other state have consolidated GIS and their experience on the subject. 1) What worked, 2) What did not work, 3) Did you save money, 4) Did you reduce workforce, 5) How interaction with local and federal government affected. etc...

Update: Follow Louisiana overall consolidation progress at ReInvent IT | Louisiana IT Consolidation News  and within this site Statewide GIS consolidation progress.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichardButgereit
Occasional Contributor

Have you visited the National States Geographic Information Council at NSGIC.org or contacted your NSGIC state rep Craig Johnson --

LOUISIANA

Craig Johnson

E-313 Howe Russell Bldg

School of the Coast & Environment

Louisiana State University

Baton Rouge, LA 70803-0001

Phone: (225) 578-3479

Fax: (225) 578-7289

cjohnson@lsu.edu

Those would be my recommended starting places.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichardButgereit
Occasional Contributor

Have you visited the National States Geographic Information Council at NSGIC.org or contacted your NSGIC state rep Craig Johnson --

LOUISIANA

Craig Johnson

E-313 Howe Russell Bldg

School of the Coast & Environment

Louisiana State University

Baton Rouge, LA 70803-0001

Phone: (225) 578-3479

Fax: (225) 578-7289

cjohnson@lsu.edu

Those would be my recommended starting places.

0 Kudos
RizwanAhmed
New Contributor

Thanks Richard,

I do interact with Craig. Please let me know where I can find detailed statewide consolidation information at nsgic.org?

Best, Rizwan

0 Kudos
RichardButgereit
Occasional Contributor

I have forwarded your message to some folks within NSGIC to see if we can come up with some direct links that may be helpful. Will be back in touch soon.