GeoEvents Maxing out ArcServer Connections>?

Jump to solution
07-14-2014 05:36 PM
BrianLocke
Occasional Contributor II

Have Vehicle and Aerial Resources over TCP -- get about 2-3k events fire and start to see a performance hit on the AGS.

Internal Server Error. Wait time of the request to the service

'WRMS/AVLService.MapServer' has expired.

Ultimately See the Server Coming to it's knees -- feel like I have read all of the docs and tut's confidence is high that in GEP things are configured correctly--am I missing something in AGS>>>??

Any Ideas ??

Ryan Elliott

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MorakotPilouk
Esri Contributor

GEP doesn't support versioned database.

View solution in original post

26 Replies
MorakotPilouk
Esri Contributor

Based on our experience, AGS will max out around 300-500 features per second. If the 2-3k events are per second then this is well over the typical limit. You may want to consider using a Load Balancer on the AGS side or hardware sizing (e.g. increasing RAM, applying storage solution).

AdamRepsher
Occasional Contributor III

Morakot Pilouk,

If end-user visualization is Brian Locke‌'s main concern, could streaming via the new WebSocket survive this number of events/second? I know that there is no Esri COTS end-user app currently configured to accept this feed, but one would hope that the Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS and the new Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS would soon get on the bandwagon!!!

--Adam

BrianLocke

Yeah I have simulated the events at 2 every second 1 every second and one at 1 every 5 seconds-- still the same result

0 Kudos
BrianLocke

It when I hit the 2-3k total events is when I start to see the performance issues

0 Kudos
BrianLocke

So I have a TCP input that with the GeoEvent Definition being the first parameter.  within my service I have a filter that uses the $DEFINITION_NAME tag to check for what Feature service it should update.  I then have three 3 Feature Services that are all under the same service

Should I be separating out the different feature services to their own service or can I keep them all under one>?  Must admit going on weeks and weeks of tweaking about to give up on GEP-- Seems like anytime we try and use it AGS takes the hit and brings the entire enterprise downUntitled-2.png

0 Kudos
AdamRepsher

Brian,

I have never had any luck with multiple layered feature services and GeoEvent‌ Extension.

I know that isn't a specific answer; just my experience.

If you are simulating only 2 every one second and it isn't working, I am pretty sure that is your problem.

I don't think you HAVE to separate the different groups of events if you don't want to. It probably really depends on how you want to utilize the services on the visualization end.

--Adam

BrianLocke

Yeah Copy that I think  that I will go about and separate these out see if I get better results, thanks a million.

BrianLocke

Yeah I have the same issue with another service but it is updating only one feature service so I don't think that is the issue... Still scratching my head thinking about submitting an issue to ESRI

0 Kudos
AdamRepsher

Kinda shooting from the hip here...

Is ANYTHING versioned in the GDB?  That will cause problems.