Basemap not loading

Jump to solution
07-10-2014 02:21 PM
KyleDixon
Occasional Contributor

I'm upgrading a JavaScript application from API version 2.7 to 3.9. I've worked through most of the changes but the basemap isn't loading correctly.

Only a few tiles load in a diagonal pattern. The map does work in a test page but not in the application, the only difference is the test page uses esri's hosted dojo and the application hosts its own.

On Loading:

Capture.PNG

After zooming:

Capture2.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you included a link to the esri.css? Take a look at "What's New in Version 3.2" ‌and "Required CSS"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JonathanUihlein
Esri Regular Contributor

What version of DOJO is the application using and which hosted version of DOJO are you targeting?

0 Kudos
KyleDixon
Occasional Contributor

Both are 1.9.1

0 Kudos
AmrEldib1
New Contributor

Things to check:
- Open the same page in another browser.

- Open the same page in the private mode of the same browser (similar to clearing cache).

- Open the Developer Console (I use Firefox) and watch if the page makes requests to those tiles or whether those requests are fulfilled.

- If it's possible, comment out everything after loading the basemap then test again.

- (You probably already doing this but) Make sure that loading the basemap is done after the page is loaded and the DOM is ready. Use Dojo's dojo/domReady!

0 Kudos
KyleDixon
Occasional Contributor

I have already done those things, all good points though, thanks.

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you included a link to the esri.css? Take a look at "What's New in Version 3.2" ‌and "Required CSS"

0 Kudos
KyleDixon
Occasional Contributor

That's probably it! The application has it's own css and we don't want to import anything that will conflict.

Is there a specific css file I need to import that won't affect other elements of the site?

0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum

The tiles that load diagonally, are they in the correct location? or are they scrambled.

If they are correct, it sounds like an issue with the service.  IF they are scrambled, it is definitely the css issue Ken mentioned above

KyleDixon
Occasional Contributor

It is the css issue, I have to import the esri css files.

0 Kudos