Symbology: Unable to assign unique values

Jump to solution
07-08-2014 08:01 AM
CONABIONC_for_Knowledge_and_Us
Occasional Contributor

Dear all,

since yesterday we face the problem, that we cannot assign unique value symbols (colors). "Loading" appears but nothing else happens. The other three symbolization techniques work fine.

The problem exists independent from the particular shapefile. Also files that have been already symbolized can no longer be modified.

symbology_error.png

any hints?

thank you & best regards,

Flo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Interestingly, it seems to be working now. We were seeing a missing symbol file that now works. Can you try again?

Thanks,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

So, you've added a shapefile layer directly to the map? I'm not seeing any issue. Try aggressively clearing your browser cache. Can you share your shapefile?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mike:

Of course, the shp can be downloaded here: http://www.conabio.gob.mx/informacion/gis/maps/ccl/aica250kgw_c.zip

However, I think the file is not the problem as we face the same issue with different shapes. As I mentioned, the other symbolization methods (e.g. color ramps) work fine, we just can´t assign unique symbols.

The problem occurs both in me personal and in our organisational account.

Clearing the cache didn´t help.

thank you & best regards,

Flo

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

I am able to draw this with unique values. However, there are over 200 unique values, so drawing features stops at 200. There is an option under the "Opciones" menu to "show Other values", which will allow you to show the rest of the features.

As to why this is not working for you, I don't know. It could be a browser specific issue. What browser are you using?

Mike

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mike,

we ´ve tried Chrome and FF, on two different PCs.

We aren´t able to draw unique values in none of our shapes. And we are using ArcGIS - Online for more than a year, and never had this problem till yesterday.

Maybe I can send you the login data for my personal account, so that you have a closer look?

regards,

Florian

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

I can reproduce your problem. It appears to be related to the language setting. English works fine, but not Spanish (maybe other languages?).  We'll need to look at this and see what's going on.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Interestingly, it seems to be working now. We were seeing a missing symbol file that now works. Can you try again?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mike,

it works now!

muchas gracias,

Flo

0 Kudos