susan.gale

Make Query Table error-- tool cannot find input table

Discussion created by susan.gale on Jun 28, 2014
Latest reply on May 31, 2017 by dyltong
I am trying to do a many-to-many join between a polygon feature class (PLSSsections) and table (useData) in ArcGIS 10.2.1. Both are stored in a file geodatabase and both contain a field (mtrs1) that I am using as my join field.   

I've found that the Make Query Table tool accomplishes the many-to-many join when I run the tool on my personal laptop with ArcGIS 10.1. However, when I run it on my work computer using ArcGIS 10.2.1, I get the following error: "ERROR 999999: Error executing function. An expected Field was not found or could not be retrieved properly. [udc] An expected Field was not found or could not be retrieved properly. [useData.mtrs1] Failed to execute (MakeQueryTable)"

I'm attaching a screenshot of how I've set up the tool, though I've tried modifying the inputs as many ways as I can think of and I still have had no luck.

Yes, I could just do this on my personal computer, but the goal was to develop and document a workflow that co-workers could follow so they can do this themselves as needed. I would hate step #1 to be: "Use a computer other than the one you have been given at work." ;)

Any ideas on why this fails? Or are there other suggestions for doing a many-to-many join?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

Outcomes