Model Builder and Zonal Statistics as a Table

Jump to solution
06-20-2014 08:22 AM
JBrown
by
New Contributor
I am using ArcGis 10.1 and attempting to build a generic model with model Builder. I am trying to run zonal statistics as a table in a model to get values of slope for some polygons (in a shapefile). The polygons are processed in the model to calculate some other data. The updated shapefile feeds directly into the zonal statistics tool. However, when it comes to run the model, it fails at computing Zonal Statistics as there is no Zone Field (no way to select any field either when editting the model or when running the model). Is there anyway of putting the zonal statistics as a table into a generic model or does the Zone Field have to be manually selected?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JBrown
by
New Contributor
Never mind, I worked around the problem by using 3D Analyst - Add Surface Information, which worked great in Model Builder.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JBrown
by
New Contributor
Never mind, I worked around the problem by using 3D Analyst - Add Surface Information, which worked great in Model Builder.
0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I'm missing some of your model that I need to provide advice in your clipped screen shot.

If the input for Zonal Statistics As Table is the input shape file (model parameter), you can provide that as the input for Zonal Statistics As Table tool. Use a precondition if you need the tool to run later in the GP processing chain.

0 Kudos