The ???sign in??? to ArcGIS Online is greyed out in the ArcGIS Desktop,

06-02-2014 10:21 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
The ???sign in??? to ArcGIS Online is greyed out in the ArcGIS Desktop,

I couldn???t figure out why the ???sign in??? to ArcGIS Online icon in the ArcGIS Desktop is greyed out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34273[/ATTACH]

What might be the issue here?

Thank you

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
Tags (2)
15 Replies
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

I just had the same issue. Have you fixed it yet? if so what was the trick?

StanMcShinsky

So I finally restarted my computer and all is well.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

This problem happens very often. I think that the “restart” (as you did) can take care of this issue.

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
RainerSpitzer1
New Contributor III

Maybe you can check the connection with the item in the taskbar:

BrendanBladdick3
Esri Contributor

This worked for my user! The user had to double click it and it was able to create a connection. After that, the user restarted ArcMap and the Sign In button was available!

JustinOdell

This also worked for my user, however the connection to the Portal had to be re-established in ArcGIS Administrator after the Test Connection was performed.

APaulsen
Occasional Contributor

This has not helped. Is there a solution to this? I want to sign in to a different online account to republish those maps in our new portal. Need help on the correct method to this madness.

BrendanBladdick3
Esri Contributor

You have close out of ArcMap then to go to the program "ArcGIS Administrator" on your ArcMap machine and go to Advanced > Manage Portal Connections > Add > Connect > Save

Then open ArcMap again and you should have the option to sign into your Portal now under File > Sign In

HudsonCultural
New Contributor

When I try this it tells me that it cannot connect to https://www.arcgis.com/, though I am connected to the internet and the site loads when I type it into my internet browser. What could be causing this?

0 Kudos