Is there a way to customise the Data Frame Properties > Coordinate System tab?

Jump to solution
05-23-2014 02:22 AM
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor
All,

I was just asked if it was possible to add another folder to the display with a set of "approved" coordinate systems. The favourites folder is not enough as other coordinate systems could creep in to it.  I've had a look at the help file and can see no way of hooking into this dialog, is it even exposed?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34031[/ATTACH]
Duncan
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor
Hi Duncan,

Currently, the way to do this if you don't want to use Favorites is to set up a folder of prj files wherever you want, then use the Import button to access the folder. You would need to set a folder connection as well.

Also, you could put a folder within Favorites. That's supported as well.

Melita

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor
Hi Duncan,

Currently, the way to do this if you don't want to use Favorites is to set up a folder of prj files wherever you want, then use the Import button to access the folder. You would need to set a folder connection as well.

Also, you could put a folder within Favorites. That's supported as well.

Melita
0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor
Melita,

I have created a folder with some prj files and placed that it the favourites folder (C:\Users\hornbydd\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.2\ArcMap\Coordinate Systems).

When I expand Favourites in the Coordinate System tab I can see it! Great but...

Your description also seems to suggest I can add to the tree structure in coordinate system tab a folder with prj files from another location. So I create a folder called c:\temp\Approved with some prj files, I add a folder connection through the Catalog window then go to the import button on the Coordinate System tab and select my folder. Nothing appears to happen. I am using ArcGIS 10.2.1 on Windows 7.

I think your first solution will work for the person in question.  Thanks for your help.

Duncan
0 Kudos