Services Directory Not Visible  10.2.2

Jump to solution
05-15-2014 09:38 AM
MeleKoneya
Occasional Contributor III
I have installed 10.2.2 and the web adaptor.    I am using web-tier authentication with our agency's Active Directory.    

The Root Directory is accessbile to all of our Staff based on the 'ALL City Stafff" AD group,  but the services directory does not show anything when viewed via IE or Chrome.      I checked the 'services directory enabled' property and it is checked.

I can see the services in the Manager and can view them by using the full URL,  but I just can't see them in a browser under the services directory.      I was able to view them yesterday and do not believe I have changed any settings. 

Any idea as to why the services are not visible even though the Services Directory is Enabled?

Thanks,

Mele

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33840[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
I don't know how to reset my account information in ArcGIS Server Manager so I may to contact ESRI about doing so.   I do not want to have to go back to configure all of the Security again.[ATTACH=CONFIG]33844[/ATTACH]

To modify the domain credentials used by ArcGIS for Server to gain access to the list of users and/or roles, you need to first log into ArcGIS Server Manager and click the Security tab at the top.  Once there, click the pencil icon next to "Configuration Settings" which will open the Security Configuration Wizard.  Click the Next button twice and you'll be taken to the UI for inputting the domain user account in question.  Generally speaking, it is not best practice to use a traditional "user" account on the domain that is assigned to a specific person.  I would suggest using something like a domain service account, which is one that is generic in name and does not fall under certain periodic password change policies.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
GISDev1
I have installed 10.2.2 and the web adaptor.    I am using web-tier authentication with our agency's Active Directory.    

The Root Directory is accessbile to all of our Staff based on the 'ALL City Stafff" AD group,  but the services directory does not show anything when viewed via IE or Chrome.      I checked the 'services directory enabled' property and it is checked.

I can see the services in the Manager and can view them by using the full URL,  but I just can't see them in a browser under the services directory.      I was able to view them yesterday and do not believe I have changed any settings. 

Any idea as to why the services are not visible even though the Services Directory is Enabled?

Thanks,

Mele

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33840[/ATTACH]

Do you know if the server was rebooted recently?
First thing I would check is in ArcGIS Server Manager, check the little lock icons and make sure the whole root directory still has the proper security settings.
0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus
May be obvious....but make sure your services are actually running.
0 Kudos
MeleKoneya
Thanks for the replies.

We typically do windows patching on Thursdays so I thought maybe it was because of a reboot, but I don't see in the event viewer that it was rebooted.    I know that our ArcGIS Server 10.1 install requires us to restart the "ArcGIS Server" windows service after a reboot.  

I was thinking or restarting the windows service when I can just to see if that helps.

The permissions on the root folder are the same as before.   Also all the services are running and are visible in ArcCatalog and ArcGIS Server Manager.

Mele
0 Kudos
GISDev1
And you are logged in with your Active Directory account when you view your Services Directory right? There is no "Login" button showing in the top right of your services directory webpage?
0 Kudos
MeleKoneya
I am logged in with my AD account and can see my name in the upper right.
0 Kudos
GISDev1
I am logged in with my AD account and can see my name in the upper right.

That is an interesting one, if you've tried a ArcGIS Server windows service restart and IIS restart, then I would check the ArcGIS Server Logs after setting it to Debug level and see if that helps out.
0 Kudos
MeleKoneya
Thanks for suggesting that I check the logs. 

One thing that happened today was that I had to change my password.   My account was used to set up the security and retrieve AD accounts.   

I see the attached message and I am guessing it is because of the change in password.

I don't know how to reset my account information in ArcGIS Server Manager so I may to contact ESRI about doing so.   I do not want to have to go back to configure all of the Security again.

Mele[ATTACH=CONFIG]33844[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
I don't know how to reset my account information in ArcGIS Server Manager so I may to contact ESRI about doing so.   I do not want to have to go back to configure all of the Security again.[ATTACH=CONFIG]33844[/ATTACH]

To modify the domain credentials used by ArcGIS for Server to gain access to the list of users and/or roles, you need to first log into ArcGIS Server Manager and click the Security tab at the top.  Once there, click the pencil icon next to "Configuration Settings" which will open the Security Configuration Wizard.  Click the Next button twice and you'll be taken to the UI for inputting the domain user account in question.  Generally speaking, it is not best practice to use a traditional "user" account on the domain that is assigned to a specific person.  I would suggest using something like a domain service account, which is one that is generic in name and does not fall under certain periodic password change policies.
0 Kudos
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
Also, regarding your services not being visible in the REST services directory, I am wondering if you recently upgraded from 10.1 to 10.2.2.  Were the services visible in 10.2.2 before or is this the first time you've gone to look at the services directory since the upgrade?  I only ask because I've seen similar issues as you're describing after upgrades have been made but those particular ArcGIS for Server sites had not been re-authorized with a 10.2.2 ECP.
0 Kudos