Failed to register the activation group during recycle

04-21-2014 12:30 PM
StevenMenefee1
New Contributor II
For a number of months now I have been getting Severe error messages that occur when my service recycle themselves at midnight.  It happens probably once a week, randomly.

I'm attaching a screenshot showing a flurry of them.  I have around 20 services that have instances that get recycled, so it doesn't appear to affect all of them.  It also doesn't seem to care if a service is a map service, publishing service, etc.  So, I don't think it's a data access thing. An example of the error message is:

Failed to construct instance of service 'Servicename. Failed to register the activation group.

Any and all help would be appreciated, thank you!

This is on a 10.1 ArcGIS Server site with two arcgis server machines (multiple machine setup).
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm experiencing the same issue. Server is very unresponsive. Registered geodatabase data stores refuse to validate. Requests to stop and delete map / feature services spin for many minutes before returning control to the user -- sometimes returning with the "deleted" items still listed in Manager. A refresh of the ArcGIS REST Services Directory will eventually show the items I've selected to delete as having been deleted. My Server log is filled with

Unable to process request. Error handling service request :Failed to register the activation group.
Failed to construct instance of service 'SampleWorldCities.MapServer'. Failed to register the activation group.

This after (eventually) being able to delete all other map / feature services.

Any advice?

- RJ

0 Kudos