Composite Batch Checks

04-07-2014 07:13 AM
JonahWaterman
New Contributor III
I am still relatively new to Data Reviewer.

I am running into problems on batch jobs in autility database. When I run the batch to find violations it will return features that are modeled properly because it will violate one of the rules. 

If I run two checks both Geometry on Geometry checks
1st check: Fitting Tap must intersect a Service Line
2nd check: Fitting Tap must intesect a Main

What happens is that it returns as errors all the taps that intersect a service line, main, and the actual violations. Does data reviewer have any intelligence to understand that a feature class should particpate in multiple spatial relationships. This was difficult for me to explain and I hope this was not to confusing to follow I have attached a image to help clarify the batch check I am running Thanks a bunch and have a great day.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichelleJohnson
Esri Contributor
Hello Jonah.

Funny you ask this question, I started to write up a blog on how to find this issue.  I won't make you wait for it to get published since it's something I'm doing on my down time. 🙂

I suggest creating a composite check that usese two geometry on geometry checks.  First, you want to find where a service line is touching a main line.  Then you want to find where a service line is not touching a fitting tap.

1. Open the Composite check from the Advance checks category.

2. Select Service Line for Feature Class 1.

3. Right-click and add a Geometry on Geometry check.

4. For feature class 2, select your main line feature class.

5. For Spatial Relation Check, select Touches and click OK to close the check dialog.

6. Add another Geometry on Geometry check.

7. For Feature Class 2, select your fitting feature class. If you have a tap subtype, then select that.  Otherwise enter a where class to select your fitting.

8. For Spatial Relation Chcek, select Touches.

9. Check on the NOT option and click OK to close the check dialog.

10. enter an Error Description (Service Lines with no taps) in the composite check dialog.

Good luck!
0 Kudos
JonahWaterman
New Contributor III
That's interesting right clicking on the window will allow you to make an additional check. This was the main hang up for me. This has been puzzling me for months. Thank you so much. ESRI should incorporate that additional check on the main window for ease of access. Thanks again, cheers
0 Kudos