Solutions for Aligning Street Segments to Terrain

03-21-2014 10:31 AM
NathanBrigmon
New Contributor
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32403[/ATTACH]

I've noticed that when you align streets to the terrain, it is essentially aligning the nodes to the terrain. I have some bumpy terrain that doesn't quite align properly with the street segments, so I have some roads that are too high and some that are too low (pictured).

Is there a way to add Nodes in these trouble spots either manually or via python?

Ideally, I would create some python code that checks if the elevation of the segment is either plus or minus the elevation of the terrain and then create some node. I don't think that is possible given CityEngine's architecture.... Anyways, I'm just spitballing.

Any ideas? What have other people done in these situations?

Thanks!!

Nathan
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Did you try 'align Terrain to shapes' ?

Terrain alignment still has limitations, I'm not sure when we'll be able to tackle this.. Hopefully soon !

Matt
0 Kudos
NathanBrigmon
New Contributor
Did you try 'align Terrain to shapes' ?

Terrain alignment still has limitations, I'm not sure when we'll be able to tackle this.. Hopefully soon !

Matt

That would work, however, I would need to align Terrain to Graph - which does not exist to my knowledge. I'll keep searching for solutions!

Thanks!
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Aligning to graph is not possible and thus does not exist.

But align to shapes ( as I mentioned ) can be used with dynamic shapes, produced by street segments.

Or am i missing your point ?

m.
0 Kudos
NathanBrigmon
New Contributor
Aligning to graph is not possible and thus does not exist.

But align to shapes ( as I mentioned ) can be used with dynamic shapes, produced by street segments.

Or am i missing your point ?

m.

Ah ha, it seems I missed your point. That will probably solve my problem!!

Thanks!
0 Kudos