Storytelling Countdown App Won't Display

03-11-2014 07:35 AM
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III
I am trying to implement the storymap countdown app (http://storymaps.arcgis.com/en/app-list/countdown/) but whenever I hit the URL on our web server, the app just spins and doesn't display anything.  The config.js file seems pretty simple, so I'm not sure what's wrong.  If I place the sample app you get from the download in the same folder on our web server, it works just fine.

Attached is a screenshot of the config.js file.  Any ideas what the issue is...?

I am loading the content layer through a .csv file.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honolulu_Land_Information_Syst
New Contributor III
Same here with us at the City and county of Honolulu.

Accordion Storytelling app is not working as well due to the upgrade. Our App is hanging when trying to retrieve the sourced web maps.

Sherwin

Honolulu Land Information System (HoLIS)
Dept Of Planning & Permitting
City & County of Honolulu
0 Kudos
mpboyle
...anyone from Esri have a reason why these two app templates (story map countdown and story map accordion) don't seem to be displaying...?
0 Kudos
mpboyle
This is what I was able to find out from our Esri rep...our story map countdown app doesn't display because our base maps are not in Web Mercator projection; they are in our local state plane projection.

If this is the case why the app won't work...and does seem to be because if we switch out base maps to a generic Esri one, it works...then will there be support for base maps in a projection other than Web Mercator?

I don't really want to have to switch up our tiling scheme to conform to ArcGIS online/Bing/Google tiling scheme.