Is it possible to have a SplitButton tool in the  Esri-desktop toolbar.

Jump to solution
03-05-2014 09:52 AM
RickeyTom
New Contributor II
The ArcDesktop UI includes a SplitButton combo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31964[/ATTACH]

In 10.2.1, the ArcObjects VS2012 add-in allows me to add a plain combo to the GIS toolbar, but can I add a split button?

I want the button to appear as an icon with a drop down beside it at first.

When it opens, it will have multi-column entries(Icon/text) similar to the Select Features split button combo.

Is this possible.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErinBrimhall
Occasional Contributor II
I believe you are looking for the IToolPalette interface.

"Tool palettes provide a compact way to group a related set of tools. The most recently used tool appears on the toolbar alongside a small drop-down button used to access other tools in the group. Like menus, tools that appear on tool palettes can come from built-in sources, add-in sources, or a combination of both."

"To create a tool palette, you need to implement the ICommand inteface and the IToolPalette interface in your class code."

Hope this points you in the right direction!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ErinBrimhall
Occasional Contributor II
I believe you are looking for the IToolPalette interface.

"Tool palettes provide a compact way to group a related set of tools. The most recently used tool appears on the toolbar alongside a small drop-down button used to access other tools in the group. Like menus, tools that appear on tool palettes can come from built-in sources, add-in sources, or a combination of both."

"To create a tool palette, you need to implement the ICommand inteface and the IToolPalette interface in your class code."

Hope this points you in the right direction!
0 Kudos
anthonyzzanthonyzz
New Contributor
I feel quite interested in this topic. The suggestion above about UI SplitButton also sounds awesome! SplitButton is full of fun among all the UI buttons control in my point of view. Don't know if you had some clues to your question or not. I just feel interested in this but can't offer any practical ideas.
0 Kudos
TimSexton1
Occasional Contributor

In case others need it, this is a sample of what you are looking for in regards to the IToolPalette interface.

0 Kudos