Can't view cej file

02-27-2014 07:32 PM
HuanZhao
New Contributor
When I tried to open a cej file provided by someone else, there was nothing loaded within the viewport, while objects information were perfectly shown. Why is that so? Will that be any problem with my desktop? I also attached a screenshot below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31855[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
Hi,

The first thing I would do is to select the File in Navigator when you select it you should see the preview, then right click on one of the shapes and select as layer, after that press F on keyboard the camera should take you straight to the shape

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31861[/ATTACH]

Lukasz
0 Kudos
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
If you want to share your scene you should export it first, and then import it on different machine

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31862[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
HuanZhao
New Contributor
Hey,

Thanks for helping. I followed the steps but there is still nothing going on within the viewport. Can I open/view the cej file directly, or am I supposed to import it in a project to view it?

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

The first thing I would do is to select the File in Navigator when you select it you should see the preview, then right click on one of the shapes and select as layer, after that press F on keyboard the camera should take you straight to the shape

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31861[/ATTACH]

Lukasz
0 Kudos
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
Hi,

How did you bring that cej file into CE?

It should be exported correctly and imported correctly,

Use my second answer (attachment) and export it as a system file, inside select all the models and files that you or somebody else used in that scene, then import it into your machine by importing that system file, It was working for me without any problems

You can not copy *.cej file and paste it into CE

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31872[/ATTACH]

Lukasz
0 Kudos
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
Hi,

How did you bring that cej file into CE?

It should be exported correctly and imported correctly,

export it as a system file, inside select all the models and files that you or somebody else used in that scene, then import it into your machine by importing that system file, It was working for me without any problems

You can not copy *.cej file and paste it into CE

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31873[/ATTACH]

Lukasz
0 Kudos