Windows 8 Store App with HTML5 and Javascript: ArcGIS Javascript API crashes

02-13-2014 11:48 PM
FritsBoel
New Contributor
Hello,

I'm developing a Windows 8 Store App with HTML5 and JavaScript (thus not using xaml or WPF). I am trying to get the ESRI/ArcGIS Javascript API working, but this API crashes all the time.

I have made a very simple Windows 8 Store App which reproduces the problem (see attachment). I would be very pleased if someone can help me.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
FritsBoel
New Contributor
Further investigation led me to the method "injectUrl", whereby the url = "ms-appx-web://js.arcgis.com/3.8compact/js/esri/nls/jsapi.js". I think the problem is the "ms-appx-web://" (instead of http://). The "ms-appx-web" is required in Windows 8 Store App because external libraries will not be loaded in the app.

An alternative would be downloading the complete arcgis Javascript API and accessing it locally, but I'm afraid that the API will try to load other external javascript files, which will fail because of the Windows 8 Store App limitations on loading external libraries.
0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum
The javascript api is self contained and bundles with it any required libraries (dojo, etc are all included)
I would trying running it local
0 Kudos
FritsBoel
New Contributor
I already tried to install and run the SDK local, but I still got errors. I will give it another try today.
0 Kudos