Depression Evaluation Error

Jump to solution
02-09-2014 05:18 PM
Labels (1)
MattMarotta
New Contributor
When using the Terrain Preprocesing > DEM Manipulation > Depression Evaluation tool, I get the same error message every time I run it.  I have a DEM file that I've been using for other layers (slope, aspect) for a project that I used as the input raster with the Depression Evaluation tool.  The other two setting for the directory of the two output files are left at the default.

I have attached a screenshot of the error message from the geoprocessing results.

I have tried projecting the raster (in the same co-ordinates) and then altering the projection file to contain appropriate z-values with no luck.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt[ATTACH=CONFIG]31274[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattMarotta
New Contributor
In case anyone else happens to stumble upon this same error, here's what I did to fix it (thanks to ESRI support!):

- Disable background geoprocessing
- Use a DEM in a grid file format (simply export it out of the GDB) that is located in a root folder (ex. "C:/yourdata/dem")

I'm not sure, however, if it was a combination of both procedures or just the DEM in a grid file format in a root folder. Can't go wrong with both of them though!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MattMarotta
New Contributor
In case anyone else happens to stumble upon this same error, here's what I did to fix it (thanks to ESRI support!):

- Use a DEM in a grid file format (simply export it out of the GDB) that is located in a root folder (ex. "C:/yourdata/dem")

I'm not sure, however, if it was a combination of both procedures or just the DEM in a grid file format in a root folder. Can't go wrong with both of them though!
0 Kudos
HenriRiihimäki
New Contributor

[/HR]

I got the same error with DEM.tif. I converted it to GRID-format, but that didn't help either. Disabling background geoprocessing did the trick, so I was able to get the processses running, but then at the end the process just stucks or crashes when its calculating depression attributes.

Tested with ArcMap 10.1 and Arc Hydro 10.1 beta.
0 Kudos
MalcolmNunn
New Contributor II
Stab in the dark here but something else that helped me when I got similar errors with the Depression Evaluation tool:

- rasters should be in GRID format outside of GDB (as noted above), but also:
- features (ie depression and depression drainage area) output to a location within the GDB (not to shapefiles outside of GDB)
0 Kudos