Modifying Report Layouts for Printing - Tax Parcel Viewer 10.2

02-06-2014 06:11 AM
DarrinBaldinelli
New Contributor
Hey everyone,

We have a print widget in our Tax Parcel Viewer that contains 4 different layouts for printing reports from the application. Right now, I just don't know how to add more layout sizes (we need to add a "D" size 22x34 for printing). Here is a picture of what I'm talking about:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31179[/ATTACH]

On the left side of the image is the drop down with the different options. I just need to be able to add one more (or possibly more in the future). After some research, I believe this has to do with modifying an .mxd file in ArcMap and possibly writing a Python script http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Advanced_printing_for_web_maps/01540000056...), but I'm still not sure exactly where to get started.

The Report Layouts show up as JSON like so in our config.js file:
ReportLayouts: [
      {
          DisplayText: "Letter Landscape",
          Value: "Letter ANSI A Landscape",
          Selected: true
      },
      {
          DisplayText: "Letter Portrait",
          Value: "Letter ANSI A Portrait",
          Selected: false
      },
      {
          DisplayText: "11x17 Landscape",
          Value: "Tabloid ANSI B Landscape",
      },
      {
          DisplayText: "11x17 Portrait",
          Value: "Tabloid ANSI B Portrait",
      }
    ],

Just looking for some direction on where to go here. This forum has been really helpful. Thanks!
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
hi darrin,

in order to accomplish this you would have to publish a custom print service in ArcGIS Server with your additional templates because the report templates in the app have to correspond with options actually exposed by the service itself.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31181[/ATTACH]

Here is a link to an ArcGIS Server help article which describes the steps to publish an additional printing service.

Tutorial: Publishing additional services for printing
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/#/Tutorial_Publishing_additional_services_for_printing...

once you have a print service up and running with this additional D size layout, you should be able to reference that url in your app and in your own ReportLayouts JSON successfully.
0 Kudos
DarrinBaldinelli
New Contributor
John,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry it's taken me almost a week to get back to you on this thread...

Anyway, your post was helpful but I still have a question: how do I create a new layout template (D size for printing)? With the guide you linked, I am able to publish a service, but I still don't know how to create a new layout template. There are various templates to choose from now. I just need to know how to create a new one.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31345[/ATTACH]

If you know of a similar guide on the ArcGIS resources website for what I need, please let me know. Thanks again!
0 Kudos
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
Martin,

it looks like there are already plans for this to be included in a future release.

https://github.com/driskull/arcgis-dijit-locate-button-js/blob/master/js/LocateButton.js#L286
0 Kudos
DarrinBaldinelli
New Contributor
Martin,

it looks like there are already plans for this to be included in a future release.

https://github.com/driskull/arcgis-dijit-locate-button-js/blob/master/js/LocateButton.js#L286

John,

It looks like you replied to my thread with text that was meant for another thread...?
0 Kudos
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
yeah, totally.  the dangers of a small mind attempting to multitask. 🙂

if you look inside the install folder for ArcGIS Server (on my machine C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\Templates\ExportWebMapTemplates), you can see that there are pre-created MXDs for various page sizes and layouts. 

You would have to create a new MXD and follow the instructions in the tutorial i linked to previously in order to get access to another template in a published service.
0 Kudos
DarrinBaldinelli
New Contributor
Do you know I can determine what .mxd-containing folder a particular service is tied to?

For example, on our server, we have quite a few .mxd print templates stored in these folders:
\\<servername>\c$\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.2\Templates\ExportWebMapTemplates
\\<servername>\c$\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\Templates\ExportWebMapTemplates

I know how to open a service in ArcMap/ArcCatalog and look at/modify its properties, but I don't know how to determine how any particular service is tied to which folder.
0 Kudos
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
i dont. sorry.
0 Kudos