Configure and use selectors on 2 or more layers on Esri Maps for MicroStrategy

12-12-2013 04:45 PM
JinhoKang1
New Contributor
I have 2 data (let's just say 'A' and 'B') and I successfully added both 'A' and 'B' on a map.
I had no problem setting layer 'A' with connecting associated tables on a dashboard, but I can't seem to find a way to select layer 'B' on a map widget.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29842[/ATTACH]

Attached image shows the design mode on MSTR, and the map widget displays only 'A' data. (table name is in diff. language)

How do I bring out 'B' in map widget?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChristophKiefer
New Contributor
Did you try to add 'B' to the map through the Secondary Data Providers option (see screenshot)?

Regards,
  Christoph
0 Kudos
ChakaClarke
Esri Contributor

Hi Jinho,

Using an Empty grid area, you can add the Esri Maps for MicroStrategy widget, and add any number of datasets in your dashboard, as layers on the map. Once the layers are added and the map is saved, any Selector or Configured links configured in the grids of the datasets on the map can be selected to using Selection tools in V1.1 to trigger these interactions, in V1.1 the actions on the first layer are active by default, all additional layer actions are accessible in the select tool by clicking more and viewing the Links and selectors tool button, here you can choose which layer actions you would like to trigger.

Check these links for more information on using Selectors and links on the map.

Configure and use selectors—Esri Maps for MicroStrategy (v1.1 Archive) | Location Analytics

Configure and use links—Esri Maps for MicroStrategy (v1.1 Archive) | Location Analytics

For more advanced selection tool  our new release, Esri Maps for MicroStrategy V2.0:

http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2014/12/03/esri-maps-for-microstrategy-2-0-released/

0 Kudos