No Esri Viewer display in the toolbox from report studio

11-15-2013 02:02 PM
AndyLiu
New Contributor
Hi All

I've install the 5.0.1 on Cognos 10.2.1 follow the Esri Maps for IBM Cognos Installation and Configuration Guide - Windows.
Everythiing gets passed.

However, I CANNOT find the Esri Viewer item in the toolbox from report studio.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29146[/ATTACH]

Can anyone help me with this issue? Any comments is appreciated.

Best Regards
Sanpangzi
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JacobSummers
New Contributor
Good Morning Sanpangzi,

This issue is generally caused by one of two things:

1. A browser caching issue

2. The EM4C Gateway is not installed/configured

First try clearing your browser's cache.  If you are using IE be sure to uncheck 'Preserve Favourites Website Data'.  Relaunch report studio.

If that does not resolve the issue then it is likely that the EM4C Gateway has not been installed or configured. 

The toolbox in report studio is populated by Toolbox.xml (C:\Program Files\ibm\cognos\pat\res) on the Cognos Webserver. When the EM4C Gateway is installed the following line is added to the file:

<listItem esriPlugin="Esri Map" controlRef="Esri_Map" value="A" idsLabel="IDS_EL_Esri_Map" idsTooltip="IDS_EL_Esri_Map" smallIcon="../em4c/plugins/Esri/resources/EM4C.png"/>

Verify that the EM4C Gateway has been installed and configured by checking if this line is present. 

Thanks and have a great week,
Jake
0 Kudos
MohammadHasan
New Contributor

Hi Jake,

We have same issue in our newly installed Esri for Cognos 10.2.1 (FP5). We can run Esri map designer but can 't see "Esri Viewer" in Cognos Report Studio Toolbox.

Toolbox.xml file hasn't been changed. Also, looking at 'cmplist_em4c' file under Esri installation directory "D:\Esri\bin\CMPLIST", it seems like it looking for wrong directory to change those file in Gateway. Instead of looking 'Toolbox.xml' file and other file under "D:/Cognos/c10.2/webcontent/pat/res/FILENAME.xml" its looking under "D:/Cognos/c10.2/pat/res/FILENAME.xml".

Your prompt reply will be appreciable.

Thanks

Mohammad

0 Kudos