Error Unpacking Map Package

11-15-2013 04:51 AM
Labels (1)
MattGiles
New Contributor
Hello,

About ~1/3 of the time when i run my application from VS 2012, I get an error unpacking map package on startup. When I publish my map packages, I have no warnings/errors after analyzing - the only message I have is "Layer draws at all scales". I have removed z-values and m-values from my data, after reading a post that indicated this could be the problem. Still nothing has changed.

The specific error message from VS is as follows:
Failed to create service xytool_utmzones MapServer. Service failed to initialize:
Error unpacking map package hr=0x80004005 (No ErrorInfo) Error code: 500

Has anyone ever seen this error? I've checked the web extensively and didnt find much, which leads me to believe I'm doing something incorrectly. I've attached the map package that caused the error above, however ALL of my map packages seem to give this error one time or another.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Matt Giles
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidLednik
Occasional Contributor II
Hi Matt,

Could be a permission issue?
If you run your compiled app as administrator. Do you see the same issue?
If you have a chance try testing on different machine too.

Regards,
David
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hello,

About ~1/3 of the time when i run my application from VS 2012, I get an error unpacking map package on startup. When I publish my map packages, I have no warnings/errors after analyzing - the only message I have is "Layer draws at all scales". I have removed z-values and m-values from my data, after reading a post that indicated this could be the problem. Still nothing has changed.

The specific error message from VS is as follows:
Failed to create service xytool_utmzones MapServer. Service failed to initialize:
Error unpacking map package hr=0x80004005 (No ErrorInfo) Error code: 500

Has anyone ever seen this error? I've checked the web extensively and didnt find much, which leads me to believe I'm doing something incorrectly. I've attached the map package that caused the error above, however ALL of my map packages seem to give this error one time or another.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Matt Giles

Hi,

Have you tried with the recently released 10.2 WPF SDK? We addressed a couple of areas where we could improve the stability of unpacking Map Packages.

What would also help is if you can provide a small, specific reproducer application which we can take a look at to check your workflow.

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos