ArcGIS 10.2 for Server Supports Windows 8.1?

10-30-2013 03:02 AM
mayunqiang
New Contributor
When I finished install of  ArcGIS 10.2 for Server on Win 8.1 ,
Open ArcGIS Server Manager ,but always  waiting , 1,2,3.....100,....mitutes.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28715[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor
Windows 8.1 is not yet officially supported (8 is for testing purposes, but not as real deployment platform):

ArcGIS 10.2 for Server system requirements

You will probably have to wait for the next release, or find another machine that does meet the requirements.
0 Kudos
mayunqiang
New Contributor
thanks ! when the next version come out probably?
0 Kudos
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor
From what I read here based on remarks by ESRI employees, the next version will be 10.2.1 and should come out somewhere at the end of this, or beginning of next year. But only ESRI can tell, and answer if it will support 8.1 as well. You may need to wait for 10.2.2...

See this post in another thread for a remark by an ESRI employee.

And this thread may also have some relevance for you, although it is about ArcGIS for Desktop, not ArcGIS for Server. Since it seems you already successfully installed some stuff, it is probably unrelated. Anyway:

Problem with installing arcgis 10.2 to windows 8.1 9600
0 Kudos
mayunqiang
New Contributor
From what I read here based on remarks by ESRI employees, the next version will be 10.2.1 and should come out somewhere at the end of this, or beginning of next year. But only ESRI can tell, and answer if it will support 8.1 as well. You may need to wait for 10.2.2...

See this post in another thread for a remark by an ESRI employee.

And this thread may also have some relevance for you, although it is about ArcGIS for Desktop, not ArcGIS for Server. Since it seems you already successfully installed some stuff, it is probably unrelated. Anyway:

Problem with installing arcgis 10.2 to windows 8.1 9600

Thank you very much for your reply
0 Kudos
GreigMcArthur
New Contributor
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but has anyone had any success with 10.2.1 on windows 8.1?

It is now "on the list" according to this: http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/install-guides/arcgis-server/10.2/index.html#//01nm0000001400000...

but I still get the same issue as above.....anyone got a solution?
0 Kudos