No imaging component error for tile package

10-16-2013 02:44 AM
Labels (1)
BenTurner
New Contributor III
Hello,

ArcGIS Runtime (WPF) is throwing errors for me when I try to load certain .TPK files as a basemap.

I created a few TPK files a few months ago containing just a few shape-files and these work fine with ArcGIS runtime.

However, I have recently come back to ArcMap and experimented with some more complicated features for my basemaps. I am now using several different layers visible at different scale ranges. The tile packages generated from these layers work fine in ArcMap but cause ArcGIS runtime (WPF) to crash when loading them.

ArcGIS Runtime crashes with the following error (breaking in user32.dll) (I have also attached an image of the error):

An unhandled exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred in PresentationCore.dll

Additional information: No imaging component suitable to complete this operation was found.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28359[/ATTACH]

What am i doing wrong? and how can i load these TPK files into ArcGIS Runtime (WPF)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

This issue should be resolved in the forthcoming 10.2 release of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF.

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
BenTurner
New Contributor III
Thanks Mike,

Do you know when 10.2 is due to be released?
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

It's just being wrapped up now and, all being well, should be available within the next couple of weeks.

If you're able to share any of the TPKs which are triggering the exception I'd be keen to test in order to confirm that the issue is definitely resolved. Ideally it would be a very small TPK (e.g. just level 0). If you can't upload it then feel free to email me on mbranscomb@esri.com.

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
BenTurner
New Contributor III
I have emailed you with a TPK file attached as i could not include it here.
0 Kudos